It could account for up to 50% of you daily battery usage!
If you're like us, you love a scroll through Facebook on your phone. Whether we're checking out the pictures from that school friends family party or being confused as to why we've just been tagged in a random video about cats, it's a daily addiction.
There are things we can do though and another expert in the tech field, Erica Johnson form Asurion shared a list of things that will help us reduce the amount Facebook uses our battery:
- Turn off Background App Refresh
- Turn off notifications for Facebook
- Turn down screen brightness
- Turn off video autoplay
- Completely quit the app when finished
- Turn off location settings for Facebook
- Don't engage in long Facebook browsing sessions (easier said than done though!)
- If you have poor Wi-Fi, this can drain your battery significantly faster than normal for all activities, including Facebook usage